Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Hosed the bathroom by mistake!

"ARW" wrote in message
On 19/08/2019 23:11, NY wrote:

When I took the immersion heater box spanner back to the hire shop

Was this a special one? They are only £10 to buy new.

I made enquiries in my local hardware shops (the equivalent of B&Q - maybe
Smith's DoItAll in those days) and they all said that they didn't stock them
and recommended a hire shop. That was in the late 80s or early 90s.

It was a box spanner rather than a flat one, because the amount of spray-on
insulation on the cylinder prevented me using a flat one with a slightly
cranked end, which is the more common type. I remember it was bloody heavy
to carry: there was a lot of steel there!