Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Deep freeze temperature varying over several hours

On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 10:05:07 UTC+1, NY wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message

It typically takes more than overnight to defrost it all, so expect a
repeat soon

Ah... The cooling pipes that were visible in a heat exchanger at the top of
the freezer compartment looked completely clear of ice, and no more water
was dripping down the drain pipe into the heated vessel above the
compressor. I wonder if I should have left it a bit longer. I thought that
about 12 hours at 20 deg C would have melted all the ice.

So far, the freezer is at about fridge temperature, so it's got a long way
to go.

Maybe you're right in this case. In frost frees where the ice builds up is normally insulated. But if it stopped melting... fairy nuff.

NT