Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Hosed the bathroom by mistake!

On 19/08/2019 23:25, ss wrote:
On 19/08/2019 22:52, Graham. wrote:
Do they all do that I wonder? I thought there were rules about not
contaminating the mains cold water with the hot.

I havent a clue but maybe because the tap lever was in a mid position it
meant both tap outlets were open, if I had had the tap lever swivelled
for hot only possibly it would not have happened.

Yup, if its a proper mixer tap, as many bathroom ones are[1] then that
will happen.

[1] Kitchen style ones usually have a pair of concentric spouts that
cause the water to be delivered separately and mix outside of the tap.

--
Cheers,

John.