Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:37:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not something that matters with a desktop system.

generate less heat,

Ditto. I don't even bother to have the covers on mine.

they are and will remain silent for their entire life spans

Mine stay entirely silent.

and many offer a longer warrantee than most spinny drives.

I choose the long warranty HDDs and have never had a warranty claim.

It's possible you would get a longer warrantee (5 years) than a spinny
drive designed for the role of NAS drive (WD Red 3 years).

But pointless spending money to get that.

Given that a 2.5" SSD is now only a few quid more than a Red drive ...

Both are much too small to be any use for me.

These old assholes here still don't get what's wrong with you, eh, senile
Rodent? Good for you and your senile trolling! BG

cretin from Oz: