Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Motion sensative outside light

On 16/08/2019 12:57, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/08/2019 10:02, wrote:
On Saturday, 10 August 2019 23:06:44 UTC+1, tim...Â* wrote:
"pinnerite" wrote in message
I bought an LED outside light less than 3 years ago from Homebase.
It was whiteÂ* and less obtrusiveÂ* against our white walls.
Recently it started to barely glow.

My electrician, as friend for over 50 years popped i to deliver
something. I showed him the lamp which he had fitted. He laughed and
said
'you need to get a new one'. The original came in a sealed unit so
couldn't be repaired.

He will no longer supply them because so many are unreliable. He
mentioned a brand that he claimed was more reliable than most but I
could
not find it on the web so purchased one that claimed that it was water-
proof.

I should have come here first and sought advice but I reckon I am
losing
it.

Hm,

I've got a sealed for life LED lamp in my kitchen, admittedly on a
switch

Hope that I get better than 3 years out of it.

It came from B&Q and I think it was what appears to be their "own" brand
"Colours"

tim

Why do people buy light fittings with bulbs they can't change?

Because the lamp lasts the life of the fitting... in theory at least.

I used three of these in one of my bathrooms:

https://trade.ledhut.co.uk/8w-integr...reflector.html

They give lots of decent quality light, are easy to fit, and have a slim
back projection which was important for the situation.

That's neat, I also like the colour temperature switch that lets you
adjust to your decor in situ without having to faff around with
different bulbs.