Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fox Poll-67% Say Ban Assault Rifles

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

I'm a conservative, but I agree with you. The rich, the billionaires
should be paying at least at the rate that those earning $75K, $150K
pay. Carried interest and similar unfair, stupid loopholes should
be repealed. I would be in favor of a mostly flat tax, with just two
or three brackets.

I don't have a good answer, but I do like the basic idea of a flat tax
of some kind. No loopholes.

That would see the bottom HALF of taxpayers who currently
pay no federal income tax paying federal income tax.

Completely impossible to sell that to the voters.

It is bad when the billionair said he paid less tax than his secetary.

Yes but a flat tax with no loopholes isnt even politically possible.

Maybe a rate for those less than around 150,000 , one for
less than 10 million and one for those over 100 million ?

The problem isnt the tax rate, its that those on the
highest incomes can so easily show no real income.

What are you going to do about those who a stinking rich
because they own so much of the operation they created but
who don't get paid any salary at all, because they don't need one ?

Raising this ammount every time Congress gets a raise..

One other thing would be no hiring the fiamily members of
a 'nonprofit' foundation similar the the Clinton Foundation.

That would see **** all non profits.

Those foundations anc charities seem to
be a big tax shelter or maney maker of sorts.

Yes, but some do useful stuff like the Gates Foundation
and it makes no sense that Bill can't have his wife
involved in that if she is interested in that sort of thing.