Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default d-i-y Nas. Hard drive makes?

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:54:42 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Did Samsung make a 1TB 2.5" pre 2011 (when Seagate took that product
line over), if I was looking for NOS? ;-)

Seagate only bought the 3.5" line, not the 2.5" line.

And did Samsung carry on making 2.5" spinney drives?

I wonder if it's more likely I could find a (or 3) 1TB external USB
2.5" drive that still uses a std drive and interface as they can often
be found cheaper than a bare drive and I can use the enclosure for
smaller drives (or the old Samsungs as backup / portable drives).

Dunno, I don't bother with 2.5" drives, I buy the 3.5" drives and 8TB drives
most recently.

A mate used to buy the sweetest price point 2.5" drives for his
desktops and would retire them to his laptops when bigger capacities
came down in price. That may have changed with a change in usage
(cloud storage etc) and the advent of SSD's that seem to have a better
performance impact in laptops.

Cheers, T i m