Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom paint advice please

On Monday, 19 August 2019 09:49:08 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 17 August 2019 22:09:08 UTC+1, George Miles wrote:

Bathroom paint advice please

The walls are Multifinish Plaster
(over blue water resistant boards
(stuck over kingspan with firefoam))

Something that will stand up to splashes and steam better than emulsion..

thanks, George

the paints that cope with that better are gloss & eggshell.

About a year ago, "Smithski" posted what I found to be a valuable
advisory link about paint:

http://www.craigbrooksdecorating.co....ef-guide-to-pa
int-finishes-and-trade-vs-diy-paints

I've got a further question on paint in bathrooms (I was about to post
it when I saw this thread appear):

I'm renovating an old (60s) bathroom: I need to do the the minimum
amount of work (too many other commitments).

Currently the bathrooms is papered with vinyl wallpaper. Can I strip
this off, put up lining paper, and then paint that lining paper to

Yes. But I certainly wouldn't. Condensation on walls frequently plus water-based adhesive are not a wise combination.

achieve "a classy, modern look"?

You tell us, does your 1960s bathroom look classy & modern? (I suspect not.)

NT