Posted to uk.d-i-y
jeikppkywk jeikppkywk is offline

Default alexa

"Another John" wrote in message
In article ,
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Actually, if you go into the app, it shows you what it has heard and
wheat
it thought it heard. You can listen to all the recordings or delete them.
Talking to people at Apple and Google there are some phrases and words
that
are consistently misinterpreted and so the recordings are listened to
and
new rules applied. ...

In other words, Brian: technology is great. But it requires constant,
unceasing, time-consuming -- *very* time-consuming -- intervention and
learning not only on the part of the creators, but -- far more
importantly -- on the part of the users.

The creators are paid to turn up for work and do all that. We are not,
and we have far better things to do ... but it's surprising to me, how
many innocents pour their daily lives into re-re-re-learning their
technologies.

**** all of them "pour their daily lives into re-re-re-learning their
technologies."