Posted to uk.d-i-y
jeikppkywk jeikppkywk is offline

Default Silicone and shower screen

On 18/08/2019 20:49, David wrote:
On Saturday, 17 August 2019 21:04:30 UTC+1, ss wrote:
I would have thought however to silicone just the internal side and not
the external side of the screen as that would prevent any water getting
under the glass screen.

Am I missing something?

The way I think of it is that the silicone seal *will* definitely fail at
some time.

Never has with me

Hasnt with me either.

It might take a year, or it might take ten. But when it fails, water

*will* end up in the frame and/or around the screen.

After nearly 20 years

After 45 years in my case. I did use the high end branded stuff tho.

So, given that water *will* be there, it's better that it can freely
drain out into the shower tray, rather than onto the floor outside of the
tray.

So seal the outside.

Classic example of good logic from a bad assumption

No assumption so much.