Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Machining a groove in wood

On Sunday, 18 August 2019 21:13:22 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 18/08/2019 20:24, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 18 August 2019 17:08:18 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:

If you are a DIYer what are you doing without a circular saw?

quite

Aldi have two on offer one at £49.99 and one at £59.99, they are probably cheap and cheerful but will probably do a better job than any solution using a pillar drill as a router. You never know you might even find some uses in other jobs .

Richard

Skip the Aldi tools, get a machine mart / Clarke for the same price. Much better. I've had too many failures with Aldi stuff.

I've got an Aldi battery circular saw - superb. And as mentioned
elsewhere, ideal for this sort of job when used with a decent guide/saw
board etc.

The problem with Aldi power tools is the very high failure rate.

NT