Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Self service checkouts in B&Q

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
In article ,
Scott wrote:
Think that annoys me about Tesco is it no longer weighs your own bag
first - as the last software did. So more often than not needs an
assistant to reset it. Unless you run everything through first, then
load into your own bags afterwards. Which slows things down.

That's a similar issue to Morrisons. Even if you say 'I have brought
my own bag' often you still get 'Unexpected item in bagging area'. It
seems to work okay in Sainsbury's.

It does throw up a window asking if you're using your own bag. But that
often doesn't sort the problem. Perhaps it doesn't like my Sainsbury bag.

ASDA ask whether I'm using bags for life without asking me whether I brought them with
me and so shouldn't be charged.

None of the supermarket self checkouts understand about contactless cards; even if you
say that's what you have the lady in the machine asks you to insert your card. I always
reply, "Shan't!"

Strange. On the card-only machines in my nearest ASDA in west London when
checking out, it offers two options - contactless ( specifying this is for less than
£10 or whatever it is) and conventional card payments.

As an example of Lidl stupidity.

In my local Lidl there are six self-checkouts. Three on the left, and three on the right

There are prominent notices over each of the three machines on the right - CARDS ONLY.

There are prominent notices over each the machines on the left - CASH.

This is despite the fact that these machines accept both cash and cards
as is explained in the small print at the bottom of the notices.

So that basically the macjines on the left don't require any notices at all.
Nevertheless some bozo half-wit at Head Office thought it would look nicer
if they did despite this being at first glance, totally misleading.

michael adams