Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Self service checkouts in B&Q

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq" wrote in message

Went to check out my stuff at Tescos.

I was prompted for the number of bags used.

I had already hit the "no bags" button at the start.

The "no bags" option allows you to place your own bag on the
platform to be weighed prior to scanning items, which can then
be placed in the bag straightaway; rather than bagged up
afterwards.

The number of bags used refers to the number of new plastic
bags needing to be purchased at 5p/10p a pop, for subsequent
bagging up.

Sadly the diversion got a little tedious after around ten minutes,

Even more sadly perhaps, at a conservative estimate around 99% of your
posts are sufficiently tedious to dissuade all but your most devoted
fans from ever reading them at all. Never mind right to the end.

What may be of interest however, is that in Sainsbury's unlike in
all the other major chains, the "0 bags" option is crossed through.
Which is totally contrary to standard practice whereby this
usually denotes that such an option is unavailable. Whether
this is a scam by Sainsbury in order to persuade the unwary to
buy at least one carrier bag is something I'm not minded
to find out.

michael adams