Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Self service checkouts in B&Q

In article , Scott
wrote:
On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 14:38:58 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 12:58:18 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:28:53 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Think that annoys me about Tesco is it no longer weighs your own bag
first - as the last software did. So more often than not needs an
assistant to reset it. Unless you run everything through first, then
load into your own bags afterwards. Which slows things down.

That's a similar issue to Morrisons. Even if you say 'I have brought my
own bag' often you still get 'Unexpected item in bagging area'. It
seems to work okay in Sainsbury's.

We rarely do our grocery shopping outside of Sainsbury's and if we do
probably wouldn't use the self checkout for more than just a couple of
'std' bits. [1]

In Sainsbury's we just put the BFL on the checkout, beep stuff across
and pay, using coupons and scanning the Nectar card as requested.

I also believe it lets you carry on if you have alcohol, just flashes
the light for the supervisor to validate you are over 24 or whatever.

I think in Scotland a staff member has to authorise the transaction (or
maybe it depends on the licensing board)..

No - it's the law; under 18's may not buy or sell alcohol. The staff member
has to check that the purchaser is over that age.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England