Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Self service checkouts in B&Q

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 12:58:18 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:28:53 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Think that annoys me about Tesco is it no longer weighs your own bag first
- as the last software did. So more often than not needs an assistant to
reset it. Unless you run everything through first, then load into your own
bags afterwards. Which slows things down.

That's a similar issue to Morrisons. Even if you say 'I have brought
my own bag' often you still get 'Unexpected item in bagging area'. It
seems to work okay in Sainsbury's.

We rarely do our grocery shopping outside of Sainsbury's and if we do
probably wouldn't use the self checkout for more than just a couple of
'std' bits. [1]

In Sainsbury's we just put the BFL on the checkout, beep stuff across
and pay, using coupons and scanning the Nectar card as requested.

I also believe it lets you carry on if you have alcohol, just flashes
the light for the supervisor to validate you are over 24 or whatever.

Even loose veg are pretty quick to look up / weigh / processes.

Cheers, T i m

[1] Because if we don't know their system and it all goes wrong we can
go to a manned till.