Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq[_2_] Archibald Tarquin  Blenkinsopp Esq[_2_] is offline

Default Self service checkouts in B&Q

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:02:11 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 19:28:13 +0100, R D S wrote:

B'bye!

Our local B&Q have binned them off, took a long time for them to admit
it, but they have, they aren't helping anybody!

Sainsbury's, are you watching?

I shop at both Tesco's and Sainsbury's. I almost always use the self
service checkout in Tesco's, but had so much hassle with the ones in
Sainsbury's that I no longer use them.

I had a considerable degree of trouble with a Tesco's staff member at
Broughton regarding their automated checkouts.

One arrived to find that Airbus had failed to be advised of my coming,
so I did the usual and called locally for coffee and papers while the
issue was sorted.

Went to check out my stuff at Tescos.

I was prompted for the number of bags used.

I had already hit the "no bags" button at the start.

I called the lady over and pointed out I didn't need a bag anyway, so
why make my desired purchase conditional on applying a negative to the
purchase of a product I had no intention of buying anyway.

She stated it was only for carriers, when I went on to point out that
Tesco's had goods that I wanted even less than carrier bags and I
should have the preference of declining those also, she failed to see
the logic totally.

Sadly the diversion got a little tedious after around ten minutes, the
poor lady wasn't into philosophy, so I felt a little "short changed"
on the transaction due to Tesco's choice of bargain basement staff.

There's a fine line between fishing
and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

~Steven Wright