Des Perado

Default Buying a house with termite damage

My advice would be to take the advice that Charlie Bress gave in his
post here. Pass on this one and live a peaceful and happy life. This
house could be your worst nightmare.
If you can buy the place for the value of the lot alone less the cost
of tearing down and removing the existing termite-infested house, it
may be worth doing if you are madly in love with the area, but
otherwise, I'd pass.
Des

"techshare" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it usually possible to get an accurate estimate of the cost of

repairing
termite damage? I am asking, because I am considering buying a house

with a
certain amount of termite damage. However, I fail to see how a home
inspector can really know what the costs will be to repair said

damage. He
doesn't have x-ray vision ... how can anyone really know what it

will cost
once the termites start chewing up the wood? I am talking about

complete
repair costs (frame work, drywall work, flooring, etc). Any help on

this
would be appreciated. I'm also wondering if there is some sort of a
"checklist" out there for what home buyers should know with regard

termites, termite damage, and preventative termite protection when

looking
at a home for sale.

TIA