Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumpy Old White Guy[_3_] Grumpy Old White Guy[_3_] is offline

Default Corn

On 8/16/2019 6:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 6:26:08 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
On 8/15/19 6:49 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 08:42:40 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Verner Baumann" wrote in
message ...
On 8/15/2019 3:22 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 07:57:28 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/15/2019 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
I've never seen a worm. I've only seen one bad piece of corn that I
can
remember, only because the rows were uneven and parts had no kernels,
but what was there was fine.
Also something you don't see is all the chemicals slathered on to kill
the worms...
The biggest advancement against wormy corn has been Genetic
Modification - making the corn resistant to corn borer so chemicals
are less required.

Much of the effective pesticide application is done at the soil level
- "band application" - not sprayed on the plant or "slathered on" AN
example in corn is "Mustang".

BigAg and BigFarmChem thoroughly tested GMOs and farm chemicals so they
are totally safe for you. No need to worry.

In fact, it wouldn't hurt to give your dinner a quick spritz of Roundup
before serving to make sure you got all the bugs dead.
Roundup doesnt kill bugs, stupid.
Rod and Trader agreeing, yikes the apocalypse is imminent. ;-)

Yup, and they're both wrong, LOL.
Why people want to ingest farm chemicals and suffer the health side effects is beyond me.

I'm happy to suffer the effects. Billions of people saved from starvation, plentiful cheap food, the US the largest food exporter, those are the main "side effects". Back to your cave now, hippie.

Bartender, pour another round for my friend_4.Â* ;-)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...g-herbicide-p/

--
Get off my lawn!