Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default CD to MP3

Well had no issues with recent cds like the Cilla and the Liverpool Phil,
the most recent purchases all have it on the disc. There was a gap and also
some self published ones did not have it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 15/08/2019 18:26, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
When I got my present car a year or so ago, discovered the ICE package
has
an USB input. Ripping CDs to MP3 on a USB stick works a treat.

Did some 30 of my favourite CDs (pretty old) - and all the album,
artist,
and track names appeared on the ICE screen.

Decided to add some more yesterday. All the info 'unknown'

Did all this on the same Win7 laptop using WMP (I think) Where did it
find
all the info displayed for the earlier CDs ? And why not for a new
ones?

think when you do that the info on tracks etc comes from the internet
check your settings......

It's always amazed me that when the CD standard was devised in the late
70s, they didn't reserve a few bytes in the disc's track index for the
disc name and artist, and the name of each track. A couple of kB of that
data wouldn't have reduced the amount of music data that could be stored
by more than a second.

They did, but CD player manufacturers didn't bother to make use of it so
CD masterers stopped putting the information on the CDs.

Music CDs you burn yourself may have stuff put on, such as "Custom Music
CD" for the CD title and track names based on the file names of the
tracks. CD rippers such as FreeRIP will show such information.

--
Max Demian