Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default CD to MP3

Two things. First some cds have it in hidden text on other machines you need
to interrogate an online database called cddb. If they are home made cds
then unless you put the titles in and enabled cd text on writing and did
them disc at once not track at once things can get lost.

I use CD Executive and it has CDDb and read from cd text as menu options.
Winamp can do this as well but I find that more annoying since I'm blind.
Weirdly, some cds that were on CDDB seem to have gone missing recently which
means you have to add the data manually and upload it to cddb for others
again.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
When I got my present car a year or so ago, discovered the ICE package has
an USB input. Ripping CDs to MP3 on a USB stick works a treat.

Did some 30 of my favourite CDs (pretty old) - and all the album, artist,
and track names appeared on the ICE screen.

Decided to add some more yesterday. All the info 'unknown'

Did all this on the same Win7 laptop using WMP (I think) Where did it find
all the info displayed for the earlier CDs ? And why not for a new ones?

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.