Sligo

Default Buying a house with termite damage

You are leaving the door open for much grief if ye buy into this
misadventure
Seamus J.. Wilson
"techshare" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it usually possible to get an accurate estimate of the cost of

repairing
termite damage? I am asking, because I am considering buying a house with

certain amount of termite damage. However, I fail to see how a home
inspector can really know what the costs will be to repair said damage. He
doesn't have x-ray vision ... how can anyone really know what it will cost
once the termites start chewing up the wood? I am talking about complete
repair costs (frame work, drywall work, flooring, etc). Any help on this
would be appreciated. I'm also wondering if there is some sort of a
"checklist" out there for what home buyers should know with regard to
termites, termite damage, and preventative termite protection when looking
at a home for sale.

TIA