Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has Sainsbury's lost it?

On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 17:01:25 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 11:10:11 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

Here in the UK TFL has said less people are using the buses, but that
isnlt true less people are scanning their oyster cards so they get free
travel. I see it everyday, I;d estimate 30% of bust users aren't aren't
scanning in, they just walk on the bus, the driver isn't interesting in
confronting them. But you have to be observant otherwise you'll miss
what
is going on.

How many of those are, like me, holders of bus passes?

If yuo have a pass yuo still need to or should scan in.

They don't need to
scan in, I don't know about Freedom Passes.

Then why give them a pass if they aren't needed,

the pass is needed (FSVO)

whatever that means.

But I have seen notices saying that you must have a valid ticket or pass to enable you to travel.

it's the scanning part on entry that (some think) is optional

And they are wrong, but it doesn't explain the high numbers of peole not scanning in a card.

tim