Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT torque wrench

On 8/14/19 7:59 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/14/2019 6:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:57:38 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 8/14/2019 5:52 PM,
wrote:
Why else would
they put a reversible ratchet head on a torque wrench????

AskÂ* DeWaltÂ*Â* orÂ*Â* all the otherÂ* wrench companiesÂ* ..
Â*Â*Â*Â* John T.

Â*Â* Bite the bullet John , Clare nailed it . Torque wrenches are NOT
designed to loosen fasteners . Why do you think they call them "BREAKER"
bars ?

I'm not arguing withÂ* ClareÂ* orÂ* DeWaltÂ* ...Â* exceptÂ* -
..Â* why do they put aÂ* reverseÂ* optionÂ* ?
Â*Â* on the cheapÂ* homeownerÂ* torque wrenchÂ* that
is not meant forÂ* thatÂ*Â* taskÂ* ?
Â* ..Â*Â* and thenÂ*Â* printÂ* strict warningsÂ* toÂ* neverÂ* use it
Â*Â* toÂ* loosen aÂ* lug nutÂ* ...
Â*Â* John T.

Â* The clutch basket nut on my (RIP Bag Lady) now deceased 1976
Shovelhead Harley was a left hand thread that required a 45-55 LB/ft
torques . Is that a good enough example ? You certainly didn't want to
overtorque , it would crackÂ* the clutch hub - taper fit with a key to
locate .

Didn't the older Chrysler products have left hand threaded lug
bolts on the driver's
side?