Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Caravan electrics.

On 13/08/2019 08:52, Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

Is there actually stuff in BS7671 about caravan wiring?

From 17th ed (as I don't have 18th ed)

721.421.2

The wiring systems shall be installed using one or more of the following:

(i) Insulated single-core cables, with flexible class 5 conductors, in
non-metallic conduit.

(ii) Insulated single-core cables, with stranded class 2 conductors
(minimum of 7 strands), in non-metallic conduit.

(iii) Sheathed flexible cables.

It's not what cables to use that bothers me. It's more what advances are
there in making it more user friendly. I had never even considered that
all the lighting should be 12V.

I have never towed one, never slept in on and never rewired one. The
closest I have come to working on one was the PAT testing of South
Yorkshire Police mobile CCTV vehicle. Unfortunately that set on fire
when I switched on the vans 230V supply.

--
Adam