Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Electricity for a shed

On 13/08/2019 18:30, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
Hi.
Just thinking on while I'm rewiring the kitchen I may as well lay down the cable to reach the shed in the back yard.
I used 10m of 6mm cable to reach the cooker connection unit so I'll need only 20m maximum to reach a box in my shed.

1st question : It will be a separate breaker in the CU so white size cable to use 6, 4 or 2.5 ?

That all rather depends on what load you need it to support... having
said that, cable is relatively cheap, and access, opportunity, and time
and effort might be harder to come by later, so larger than you need
right now may save lots of hassle later.

Have a read though:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ricity_outside

There is a section on submain design and cable choice.

--
Cheers,

John.