Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity for a shed

On 13/08/2019 18:30, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
Hi.
Just thinking on while I'm rewiring the kitchen I may as well lay down the cable to reach the shed in the back yard.
I used 10m of 6mm cable to reach the cooker connection unit so I'll need only 20m maximum to reach a box in my shed.

1st question : It will be a separate breaker in the CU so white size cable to use 6, 4 or 2.5 ?

Thanks.

Arthur
If possible e-arrange your consumer unit so that the shed is fed from an

RCBO that is not connected to any existing RCD device in the consumer
unit. If thats not possible get a new consumer unit.

That way when you get water in the shed electricsit won't trip the RCD
and take out whatever else is connected to that RCD.

I leave it to others to cover the rules on sheds, part p, sheathed
cable, catenaries, exported earths etc.

Dave