Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Caravan electrics.

On 13/08/19 09:37, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay presented the following explanation :
We dont use ours much but, going by others comments and the odd time we
tried our previous one, the temp control tends to be poor as does the
insulation.

We use ours for almost all main meals eaten in. One small oven is a bit
restrictive, but we have managed full Sunday style roast meals in it,
without too much bother. I don't have/ don't like microwaved food, other
than for reheating.

I've heard of people doing roast dinners etc (even bread) in
caravan/motorhome ovens but we've not tried it.

We like the occasional roast dinner- mainly when the daughters are home
etc (it was the norm when they were at home) but we have a lighter
approach to meals. Especially in France, we eat more fish and salad etc.
In the colder weather, I favour stews/curries and similar meals.

Agree re the microwave, not that I think it is bad for taste etc, it
just isn't how we cook. It ideal for jacket potatoes, heating milk, and
a few other thinks. I do a lot a 'cooking ahead' and freezing and those
are fine heated in the microwave.

Weather permitting, we cook under the awning- I've got a small BBQ and
and a simple stove. There is something about cooking and eating outside,
especially in the evening.