Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Caravan electrics.

Brian Reay submitted this idea :
Conversely,
the ovens seem as basic as I remember from staying in a caravan 40 + years
ago. I suspect the reason is, in Europe, they rarely fit ovens, it is
mainly a UK special item.

My caravan has an oven, I don't really think it can be improved on what
it is. Turn the setting know to the gas mark you want, push and hold,
press the electronic igniter button. What more does an oven need to
have? It came with a known fault - after it ignited, if you closed the
door, it would go out until warmed up and air circulating. Snipping a
small section of the door seal away, fixed that.

Gas toaster took forever to grill anything. I found the gas jet marked
with the correct size, had not been drilled the correct size, using
watchmakers drill bits I re-drilled it out to the correct size.