Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
brian[_5_] brian[_5_] is offline

Default M6

In message , Bernie
writes
On 12 Aug 2019 17:51:38 GMT
Stephen Cole wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 18:19:05 +0400
Spite spun:

Later examination of
the offending tyre showed a tiny manufacturing defect that when in
use was slowly abrading a very small area in the inner tube, which
as a result had finally let go in a big way - fortunately at low
speed rather than those of the motorway.

Which is why we always check the casing and rim carefully when
replacing a tube, and carry a spare tube or two alongside the
puncture kit.

Burts main problem, amongst many, is a crippling inability to think
ahead.

Burt can spin a fine yarn, though. I still reckon this was where he
peaked:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...dband/bk_vRwnF
7Oo/bL6NYzIaQ88J

There was something rather reminiscent of this on the TV last night
showing drug raids in Wales I think . In one scene they burned the door
with what looked like an industrial laser top to bottom near the lock
and pushed what remained open.

"the door comes off its hinges with brutal
force at about 4 am, and your house is filled with shouting robots
dressed in psychologically-disturbing agressive-looking clothing and
totally impervious to anything you might say, and completely
indifferent to you and any partner being stark naked"

This makes Gareth's encounter look like a cosy chat with PC Dixon,.

Brian
--
Brian Howie