Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Caravan electrics.

On Monday, 12 August 2019 22:51:24 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

The only thing Im pretty sure about is that you dont use solid cored
cable for mains. It all has to be multi-stranded.

Not for mains 'permanent' wiring. Everything up to 20 amps (including
ring circuits) is single solid core twin and earth nowadays.

Has that changed? Ive never seen anything other than multi-stranded used
although admittedly its more than a few years since I looked in a caravan.

I suspect Chris may have missed the 'caravan' reference in the subject!