Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Motion sensative outside light

wrote in message
On Saturday, 10 August 2019 23:06:44 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"pinnerite" wrote in message
I bought an LED outside light less than 3 years ago from Homebase.
It was white and less obtrusive against our white walls.
Recently it started to barely glow.

My electrician, as friend for over 50 years popped i to deliver
something. I showed him the lamp which he had fitted. He laughed and
said
'you need to get a new one'. The original came in a sealed unit so
couldn't be repaired.

He will no longer supply them because so many are unreliable. He
mentioned a brand that he claimed was more reliable than most but I
could
not find it on the web so purchased one that claimed that it was water-
proof.

I should have come here first and sought advice but I reckon I am
losing
it.

Hm,

I've got a sealed for life LED lamp in my kitchen, admittedly on a switch

Hope that I get better than 3 years out of it.

It came from B&Q and I think it was what appears to be their "own" brand
"Colours"

tim

Why do people buy light fittings with bulbs they can't change?

It's got a 15+ year lifetime

It looks nice, it's **** easy to fit and the kitchen should be due for
redecoration at about the time it fails

Oh and it was cheap. 15 quid IIRC

For the location it is in, it isn't that much harder to simply replace with
a new one of the same type than replace a bulb, much better than the stupid
florescent tube that was previously there (or a load of poxy
spawn-of-the-devil down-lighters).

tim