Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Motion sensative outside light

Robin wrote:

On 12/08/2019 10:05, Roger Hayter wrote:
Robin wrote:

On 11/08/2019 23:46, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

On Sunday, 11 August 2019 12:39:33 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:

Cost of hip replacement and aftercare; 10,000-250,000 pounds. Not
fictional either.

Is it perhaps time we stopped putting rock hard floors in new builds that
do this? Performance floors aren't hard to fit or expensive. And is it
perhaps time for nonogenarians to wear some sort of foam thing around
their more fragile bits? Or some sort of personal airbag? And is it not
time the NHS got more informed about bone health? It seems to me we're
still in the cave era on this.

NT
All good suggestions but the original postulate was climbing on a chair
to replace a light bulb - as though that were an *advantage* of
replaceable bulbs!

Chair? What chair? *I* referred to "kitchen steps". If you wanted
disambiguation you only had to ask: 2 wide rubber-coated steps, hand
rail at top, non-slip feet.

Just add a little dizziness and thin bones.

And very many people in their 70s don't have those problems. You seem
to favour them losing their agency to decide if they can safely change a
light bulb.

No, I just want to phase out light bulbs.

Oh, and where did that chair come from?

What I always use!

--

Roger Hayter