Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default The perils of commercial kits

Seems to me that its not been built to last in any case. I've seen plastic
ones that do last, wooden cheap ones seem to be made to rot in five years.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 11/08/2019 21:56, Vir Campestris wrote:

Find one, buy it, put it together. Mostly - then stop as I realise the
back panels are made of ply, and haven't been painted on the edges -
which might be a problem since the bottom edges sit in a cross member
that has a 1/4 inch wide groove in it, and will doubtless hold water.

Then realise the inside of the groove hasn't been painted either.

Wouldn't the solution have been to fill the groove with a sealer/caulk and
then insert the ply?