Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Motion sensative outside light

On 11/08/2019 08:47, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems to me that nobody wants to build to last due to the way the sheds and
other vendors make the price margin so low. IE if they were allowed to make
them better, then they would be more expensive but last much longer. Its
the planned obsolescence thing again.
I've noticed the same with most things, insulated mugs, portable radios and
all sorts.
Brian

My Smiths industries bulkhead light with PIR, bought in 1986 is still
working fine.

These days I have connected it via a 3pin plug with a cheap mechanical
timer, so it is only energised from 6pm to 6am, otherwise it uses
20 watts of power all through the day as well.