Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do not know what road you are on?

"ARW" wrote in message
On 10/08/2019 11:11, Steve Walker wrote:
On 10/08/2019 11:08, ARW wrote:
On 07/08/2019 23:26, Adrian wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 07/08/2019 22:13, Adrian wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
Basically between two villages. No houses, no pubs nothing (apart
from a field on fire).

You know the names of the villages and that is all.

Could the phone operator not work it out?

Would they be able to work with What Three Words ?

Field on fire next to the road between Branton and Auckley?

https://what3words.com/unpacked.width.outsmart ?

Assuming that I have the app installed how do I use it when I am on the
phone making a 999 call?

Switch to speaker mode and switch to the app, you can then use the app
while talking or just ask the operator to hold for a few seconds while
you check and then put the phone back to your ear.

Then what? I have downloaded the app to my phone and it shows me in my
house.

It would show you the location of the fire if you used it then. Or more
strictly where you were calling from where you could see the fire.