Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do not know what road you are on?

"ARW" wrote in message
On 07/08/2019 23:26, Adrian wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 07/08/2019 22:13, Adrian wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
Basically between two villages. No houses, no pubs nothing (apart from
a field on fire).

You know the names of the villages and that is all.

Could the phone operator not work it out?

Would they be able to work with What Three Words ?

Field on fire next to the road between Branton and Auckley?

https://what3words.com/unpacked.width.outsmart ?

Assuming that I have the app installed how do I use it when I am on the
phone making a 999 call?

You get the app to tell you the 3 words for your current
location and tell the call center monkey those three words.