Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Can Building Control over-ride planning permission?

On 10/08/2019 13:11, Bert Coules wrote:
Many thanks for all the latest replies.

I've been trying to find the exact building regulation governing step
access to outward-opening garden doors but for some reason I can't now
track it down.Â* Google searches seem to throw up a bewildering array of
possibilities none of which address this particular point (or if they
do, the info is so well-buried as to be for all intents and purposes
invisible).

If anyone can point me towards a straightforward explanation of the
situation and what needs to be done, I'd be very grateful.Â* Thanks.

Have you considered having a raised patio where you can sit out at the
same height as the house floor? Otherwise, just to bring a tray of tea
out, you'll have to carry it down four stairs.