Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Can Building Control over-ride planning permission?

Near me there is a listed building used by a bank. there have been numerous
complaints about people falling in or out of this door due to the narrow top
step. Its on a busy corner footway. However nobody can do anything it seems
as its a listed building. There is a wheelchair ramp round the back but its
not well known about as one has to use an intercom to tell them you want to
come in that way. I mean it is a bank after all!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Friday, 9 August 2019 19:05:01 UTC+1, Bert Coules wrote:
Or would Building Control refuse to sign off the work?

Building Control and Planning Permission are two completely different
things in law and the relevant departments often don't talk to each other.

How many steps - if it's a flight they'll probably pick up on it, if it's
only a couple of steps to the garden they might not.

Owain