Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do notknow what road you are on?

On 09/08/2019 14:12, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 22:27:22 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Field on fire next to the road between Branton and Auckley?

I spent 30 years in fire service communications and would have no
difficulty with that.

Thank you.

I eventually gave the road as Milton Road and said the field that was on
fire backed onto that road.

All they had to do was drive there and look for the field that was on
fire. It's not hard to spot.

And the lads did an excellent job of putting out the fire, mostly by
hand at first, I assume water was used when they could get a truck into
the field.

--
Adam