Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Can Building Control over-ride planning permission?

On 09/08/2019 20:14, Bert Coules wrote:
Owain,

The floors are set unusually high above the basic ground level: the
plans show three steps, with the topmost one being one riser height
below the interior floor.Â*Â* That's to say four risers have to be
negotiated to get inside the house.

The steps from our kitchen into the side passage are like that, although
they are only 3 risers high. It feels quite safe, without a handrail.
With four risers, you may feel much happier with a handrail.

GB,

Aren't these two completely separate tests,
and you have to pass both?

That's a good point.Â* My recollection now is that plans were submitted
to both planning and building control; I'll check back through the files
and see if I'm right.

I don't necessarily want to begin the steps directly from the threshold,
but the layout of the garden at that point does make a sizeable level
area tricky to fit.

Put in a right angle turn?