Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when youdo not know what road you are on?

charles wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Peter Johnson used his keyboard to write :
I spent 30 years in fire service communications and would have no
difficulty with that. Inputting locations using grid references was
never considered for the two systems I was involved with and I suspect
that the cost of putting in place a system that could accept them
would have been expensive and rarely used.

A paper OS map would have been comparatively cheap and shows much more
detail than Google does.

and how many would you need to access and how long would a paper map last?

One would hope that emergency services could look at any OS map online.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls