Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do notknow what road you are on?

On Wed, 07 Aug 2019 21:57:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

Basically between two villages. No houses, no pubs nothing (apart from a
field on fire).

You know the names of the villages and that is all.

Could the phone operator not work it out?

Our motor home broke down on Jura.
We rang the RAC.

Where are you?
Jura.
Which road are you on?
The only one - about half a mile from the ferry.
{sigh}
What can you see if you look out of the window?
Rutting stags!
{sigh}
We'll get somebody out to you in the next hour.

IIRC it took 4 days.
Had to get an HGV rescue truck out from Glasgow because we were too tall
to fit on a low loader.
That was some serious wild camping.

Cheers

Dave R