Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Power Line Adapters and degree of separation

Yes my thoughts too, a huge long interference generator is what you will
have otherwise.
I feel sure some better kind of signal packaging could make these devices
less RFI nightmares to everything radio.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
On 09/08/2019 11:09, David wrote:
Leaving aside the downsides of Power Line Adapters, I do have a spare
pair
(courtesy of VM) and a potential use.

I have power from the house to the shed on a B40 RCBO in the main fuse
board.

At the other end is the old (pre-rewire) fuse box.

Is there anything to be gained by sharing a fused spur with the RCBO
connection (that is, not relying on the PLA signal passing between
RCBOs)?

Just that I have the electrician in at the moment replacing green goo
wiring and this might be the time for a little extra work if there is a
major benefit.

FAR better to run cat5 to the shed.

Cheers

Dave R

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"