Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Weight measurement to computer input?

On 08/08/2019 23:28, T i m wrote:
On 08 Aug 2019 22:43:57 +0100 (BST), Theo
wrote:

T i m wrote:
It looks like that one uses the I2C interface so if it's really 24bit
internally then I should still get that resolution though the Arduino
(as it's not using it's 10bit ADC's)?

As usual, there's chips for it:
https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/...11_english.pdf
https://www.ti.com/product/ADS1232

The main thing here is the data rate is very very low - it's not like you're
trying to capture video at 24 bits here.

Quite.

So the ADC can do lots of
filtering and averaging to get the accuracy up and ignore noise.

Excellent.

Since it's an external ADC, you aren't limited by the internal ADC in
the Arduino's Atmel CPU.

... because they (can) 'talk' over I2C, I've since learned. ;-)

Loads of examples in Eli's tutorials, e.g:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHio...1RpUh&index=11

--
Cheers,

John.