Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Cat flaps that work with ID microchips chips

On 08/08/2019 18:30, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 06/08/2019 18:53, ARW wrote:
Any recommendations for one?

Two cats and the owner wants no aliens in the house.

The Sureflap ones work well in wooden and glass doors but I had problems
in a uPVC door because of the metal inside the uPVC sections.

No problems with our Sureflap in a uPVC door. Surely, any
metal will be a long way away from the flap and, as the sensor
is in the entry port, the chip is extremely close to it.

There is steel reinforcing in the door stiles and rails.
I had a lengthy email exchange with the folks at Sureflap (who were very
helpful and had seen the problem before), they told me how to put the
flap into an undocumented mode that has higher battery consumption but
which reduced the severity of the problem. We now have a wooden door and
the flap works perfectly.
BTW, this was a flap that had control in each direction.