Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat flaps that work with ID microchips chips

On Thursday, 8 August 2019 12:47:32 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 07 Aug 2019 04:10:14 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

noise when opening spooks the cats,

you can turn the bleep off.

Missed the point as usual. The noise is from the motor winding the latch
in and out. Our cats soon got used to it though.

Most cats do, that is the point, and they don;t make that much noise either well mine didn't, but ti did jost more than a ratners ear ring I must admit.

electronic control only works one way,

Rubbish, you can set it in many ways, even depending on time of day,
well on my one. Handy if yuo donl;t want you cat going out at night or
whatever.

Missed the point again. I didn't buy a Pet Porte because at the time it
only denied access *in one direction* - in.

Really when was that, my one I got 10 years did.

I wanted to control the cats
going out, too. They gave some meaky mouthed reply that an add-on would
be available soon - but were unwilling to give a time frame.

Well there wasn;t much call for them at the time stonehenge was built.
But now yuo can get that option, and I had it on even my first Uchip cat flap which was the pet porte.

Then I
discovered that the company was being run by someone who didn't have a
good reputation in another newsgroup - although I think it changed hands
in the end.

No **** sherlock. Which milenoium are we now in ?