Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do not know what road you are on?

Brian Gaff explained on 08/08/2019 :
Do you not have a satnave or a reasonable mobile phone with a gps app?

Last time I did a 999 out in the wilds, the operator was not able to
accept a Lat/Long.

The 'three little words' system is free for the user, but those
accepting the three words need to subscribe. On the web site, they list
which authorities subscribe to the system, Yorkshire is one. I recently
downloaded it and I have checked it a few times, it has always been
very accurate when I have tried it. It is even accurate wondering
around my own property.