Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do notknow what road you are on?

On 07/08/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:
Basically between two villages. No houses, no pubs nothing (apart from a
field on fire).

You know the names of the villages and that is all.

Could the phone operator not work it out?

I wouldn't bet on it.

I called an ambulance a few years ago to a junction of two named roads.
The call handler was in a different county, so didn't know the area and
one of the roads was newer than the ambulance's satnav database. I had
to talk the ambulance in from a place they could find, about half a mile
away at the start of the road that was on their database.

--
Colin Bignell