Mark Trotman

Default C/H - Combi, condensing or conventional?

Oh fount of all knowledge,

With my back boiler dead, I would like to replace the complete C/H
system here. I would prefer to put the boiler (and storage tank, if
necessary,) in the loft space out of the way. What, in the groups view,
is the best boiler type these days? I have googled around for a while
and remain as confused as ever! Are condensing units still unreliable?
How do purchase costs compare between the a combi and a condenser (when
comparing like for like in terms of thermal output)? Are there any
advantages of buying a system from British Gas or would I be better off
just getting a local Corgi man in?

Any recommendations for installers in the Gloucestershire area?

Any/all advice most welcomed!

HNY & TIA

--

Mark