Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do notknow what road you are on?

newshound wrote:

[whatthreewords]

when I hit the "current location" button it
drops the pin about half a mile north of me.

This is on a desktop, with no GPS of course. OTOH Google Maps on the
same machine finds the right house.

On my laptop (similarly no GPS) the locate button pops up a permission
dialogue from the browser, if I say "yes" then W3W gets the correct
position, right down to the correct quarter of the house ... but the
laptop and my mobile are both signed-in on the same google account, and
the phone has GPS enabled (also WiFi triangulation works pretty well).